Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Jason + Rebecca & family... (St. Petersburg Family photographer)

"We sit around waiting for them to come home, hoping every day that they are okay and that they know how much we love them... our heroes."


Tonight as I sit down to write this, it is Thanksgiving eve. The menu is set, our family is on the way and tomorrow means I get to spend time loving on my husband. I sit here in gratitude for so many things...but one I want to touch on tonight is our armed forces. While we are singing Christmas carols, getting our fill of turkey and snuggling up to one another, there are men and women all over the world whom will be spending this holiday season away from their loved ones. They spend their time keeping us safe, protecting our country, aiding people from all walks of life and for that I am so grateful. I had the honor of shooting Jason & Rebecca's Christmas photo's this year. One thing that was different was that Jason is currently in Afghanistan serving in the U.S Army. With that said, he was very much present with all of us during their session. Rebecca brought a framed picture of her husband so he can be included in their family portraits....the boys lovingly doted on dad and even at times fought over him ( it was so cute and I made sure everyone had their time with dad!) I am honored to be a part of this lovingly devoted family and document their memories.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment